On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will host an informational Open House for the U.S. 1 resurfacing project from north of Midway Road to north of Edwards Road in the City of Ft. Pierce.
The Open House will be held from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. at HANDS of St. Lucie County, 3855 South U.S. 1, Suite B, Fort Pierce, FL 34982. Project personnel will be on hand to discuss the scope of work, construction schedule, and address questions and comments one-on-one. Please note: There will not be a formal presentation. Guests may arrive at any time between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.
This 2.362-mile project is expected to begin February 5, 2018, and is anticipated to be completed by spring 2019, weather permitting. The cost for construction is $6,194,381.38. Work will be performed by Horizon Contractors, Inc., with FDOT and H. Rodriguez Consulting Engineering overseeing the project.
Scope of Work:
• Remove old asphalt and resurface existing five-lane roadway
• Add sidewalks along both sides of the roadway
• Re-stripe the existing roadway
• Upgrade signalization
• Drainage improvements
• Modifying the southbound right turn lane into the bus bay south of Market Ave.
• Upgrading the northbound bus bay south of Farmers Market Rd.
• Adding a southbound bus bay south of Farmers Market Rd.
Maintenance of Traffic:
Work will be done in phases to minimize traffic impacts. Lane closures will occur along U.S. 1 during non-peak hours.
For additional information regarding this upcoming construction project, please contact Kathleen Dempsey, Project Community Outreach Specialist, at (772) 359-5118, email@example.com, or visit www.d4fdot.com.