The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will reopen a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) on Wednesday, Nov. 8 through Saturday, Nov. 11 at the Havert L. Fenn Center, 2000 Virginia Ave, to assist those still dealing with issues from Hurricane Irma.
Disaster Recovery Centers offer in-person support to individuals and businesses recovering from disasters. They can assist with:
- Registration for federal disaster assistance;
- SBA Loan application and processing;
- Case updates and status checks;
- Processing appeals to eligibility determinations regarding federal assistance;
- Connection to other State program information or assistance.
The DRC will be open from Wednesday, Nov. 8 through Friday, Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 11 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Individuals can register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or through the FEMA smart phone app.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
- Social Security Number;
- Daytime telephone number;
- Current mailing address;
- Address and zip code of the damaged property; and
- Private insurance information, if available.
By registering for federal assistance on www.DisasterAssistance.gov, you can:
- Find out if your address is in a disaster area declared for Individual Assistance.
- Check the status of your application and get updates by SMS or email.
- Upload documents to support your application.
Another option for individuals, including those who use 711 relay or VRS, is to call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) while those who use TTY can call 1-800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EDT seven days a week until further notice.
When an applicant registers, they receive a unique registration number. The registration number is important and should be written down and kept handy. Anyone who does not have a registration number is not yet registered.
For more information on resources available to those affected by Hurricane Irma, please visit: www.FloridaDisaster.org/info.