The Planning Department’s main objective is to protect, improve and promote the quality of the City of Fort Pierce by comprehensive planning, which responds to the changing needs and values of the community, both in the natural and built environments, and creates opportunities to realize the community’s desired vision of the future.
The Fort Pierce Planning Department consists of:
- Comprehensive Planning
- Development Review
- Long Range Planning
- Geographical Information & Mapping
- Historic Preservation
Visit the Planning Board page for more information.
To view the agendas for the following Planning meetings click here.
Technical Review Committee Meetings
Planning Board Meetings
Historic Preservation Board Meetings
Board of Adjustment Meetings
City Commission Meetings
Planner of the Day
Property Zone Categories
Land Development Regulations
Pre-Application meetings are no longer required by the Planning Department.
Applicants with conceptual plans will have the opportunity to schedule a “Project Discussion Meeting” with a Planner to discuss application requirements, planning review and process.
Contact information of all review agencies will be provided in advance or if the Applicant/Representative requests a “Project Discussion Meeting.”
Project Discussion meetings will be held twice a month on the second (2nd) and fourth (4th) Wednesdays of the month at 30 minutes intervals between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
To schedule a Project Discussion meeting, please send an email with a detailed and descriptive statement and your conceptual plans to firstname.lastname@example.org
All other inquiries pertaining to property can be addressed by phone or email.
- Address Request
- City of Fort Pierce Impact Fees Effective 2-17-2009
- Concurrency/Capacity Analysis
- Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) Application
- Conditional Use No New Construction REVISED 8/25/21
- Design Review REVISED 8/24/21
- Development Review REVISED 8/24/21
- Fee Schedule
- Future Land Use Map Amendment
- Public Notice Fees
- Quasi-Judicial Procedures
- St. Lucie County Impact Fee Rate Sheet 10.1.22-12.31.22
- St. Lucie County Impact Fee Rate Sheet 1.1.23-9.30.23
- Sidewalk Cafe REVISED 2/2/22
- Special Exception
- Temporary Use
- Variance REVISED 4/14/22
- Waiver of Distance
- Zoning Atlas Amendment
- Zoning Verification Request
- Zoning Text Amendment REVISED 12/9/21