- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee: This committee is responsible for providing recommendations to the City Commission concerning the creation, incentivization, and development of affordable housing in Fort Pierce. Eligible applicants must qualify as essential services personnel, and financial disclosure to the State of Florida is mandatory.
- Arts and Culture Advisory Board: Members of this board are tasked with recommending locations and artworks for public art projects, acting as cultural liaisons, and assisting with community awareness. Board members must be residents of the city.
- Civil Service Appeals Board: This board convenes as needed to address employee appeals, conduct investigations, and enforce a code of rules. Board members must be residents of St. Lucie County and cannot be employees of the city.
- Communitywide Council: This council serves as a platform for public review and comment on the Community Development Block Grant program and the scoring of public service grant applications for consideration by the City Commission. Members must be residents of the City of Fort Pierce, and financial disclosure to the State of Florida is a requirement.
- Historic Preservation Board: This quasi-judicial decision-making board is responsible for various tasks, including the maintenance of historic district boundaries and monitoring the upkeep of the local register of historic sites and districts. Members must be residents of the city or operate a business within Fort Pierce. Financial disclosure to the State of Florida is mandatory.
- Parking Committee: This committee provides input on matters related to parking and offers recommendations on policies, procedures, and improvements to enhance public parking. Members must be city residents, property owners, or business owners within Fort Pierce.
To be considered, please submit your application by no later than Friday, December 1, 2023. To access the application form or find a complete list of Boards and Committees, along with their meeting schedules and specific qualifications, please visit the "Boards & Committees" section on the City's official website at Boards & Committees | Fort Pierce, FL - Official Website (cityoffortpierce.com). All applications should be submitted to the Office of the City Clerk at 100 N US Highway 1, Fort Pierce, FL 34954, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's Office at 772.467.3065.