Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The City of Fort Pierce will host its fourth Citizens Academy beginning April 6, 2017. Fort Pierce Citizens Academy is a six-week interactive civic and public information program that focuses on educating residents and business owners about the City of Fort Pierce’s governmental process. Department managers and city staff will lead unique and informative sessions designed to give citizens hands-on experience in city government operations.
Citizens Academy sessions will be held on Thursday evenings from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at various locations throughout the city.
• Meet the City Commission, department heads and staff
• Enjoy comprehensive overviews of departments and programs and services
• Discover the current status and future plans for City of Fort Pierce development, projects and other topics
• Learn how decisions are made, city funds are allocated and departments operate
• Participate in lively discussions and fun interactive activities
• Visit city facilities
• Become an informed, involved citizen
Refreshments will be served at the beginning of each session. The academy will conclude with a trolley tour and graduation on May 11, 2017. Registration is open to anyone aged 17 or older who lives, works, attends school or owns property in Fort Pierce. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis with an application deadline of March 28, 2017.
How do I apply?
Applications are available at City Hall (100 North US 1) or online at the linke below. There is no fee to attend. Applications will be accepted through March 28, 2017. For more information, please contact Shyanne Helms at (772) 467-3034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.